How was your day thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
Awesome! My kitten adoption was approved today. The foster mom should be bringing them over sometime this week! Yippee!!!!

And sucky.... I run an after school Homework Center, and our funding got cut today. We have to close, because I can't pay the teachers to be there, and it is in the contract that they have to be paid for after school "tutorials" blah blah blah.... Anyway, for $3,520 I can stay open 4:15-4:15, 4 days a week, with high school volunteer tutors, until June. Anyone want to make a donation? You can write it off! sigh.....

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
its my day off today...but water changes and work is the only thing i'll be doing..yep...my life sucks too lol.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
My computer took a dump on me last night and I have to reinstall everything! Lets just say I'm not a happy camper.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
ummmm might i offer a thought to those who say that their life sucks

here is a quote

I COMPLAINED ABOUT HAVING NO SHOES TILL I MET THE MAN WITH NO FEET

just a bit of friendly advice things could be very much worse try to see the good in the day and you will end up having a good day

i like to say life is in the living of it and a good good friend of mine chris helliwell a highschool science teacher who rocked (his cousin played in supertramp) told me this james if ever you wish for the day to pass faster than it does remember this at the end of ones life the time will come when they will wish they had all that time back

i have to also add this

my wife and i have 7 kids and i have learned this from them there is this look they get that i call the look of wild eyed wonder its a look children get when they are amazed at something and i have come to understand this children fear not what might happen the regret not what has happened but the enjoy what is happening so i have come to share this as an inspirational teaching of sorts when i do that kind of thing

take what might happen take what is happening and take what has happened

for what might happen actually about 95% of the hypothetical things we conceive of in our minds never actually happen so if we are so busy dealing with the hypothetical we really can not be ready to deal with the actual in the fullness of our capabilities and thus mess things up and are always behind the eight ball as it were left to be filled with regrets of that which has happened

how to change this well get ignorance of the things that might happen get direction for the things that are happening and get an give forgiveness for the things that have happened and wham you end up with a day of wonderful stuff not to say that bad things wont happen but that they are much easier to deal with when not trouble but what might and what ifs also not saying to plan for the day or the future either

Last edited:

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Let's see.. my day...

Started off at 6:30 in the morning with a wake up call from my mom (not literally a phone call lol). Went through the whole morning routine, fed fish, walked to school, etc. Took a quiz in health 1st pd. Then came back and worked on our Swedes project for like a half hour (typed up names and what not). Then read some article (as a class) about the voyage to the New World and life on a ship. :crazy: Went to lunch, came back, had a meeting about open house (which was semi-productive, and not quite as silly as yesterday's, which involved me throwing a pen at someone lol). Then did literature circle discussions:wall: until math. MATH QUIZ!!! :eek3:

Then, the best part of the day (lol): CRT (community resource time- basically you can just do your HW, read, chat, whatever, but no being CRAZY). I went in the "Quiet Room" (only called that cuz it's sound proof lol!) to look at this catalog with funny t-shirts and weird stuff in it. There were only boys in the room, so of course that means trouble. one of them (kevin) decided to sing "Baby Come Back" whenever anyone left the room. That meant that I was now trapped :headshake2: so I helped lure people in :lipssealedsmilie: And finally (after a lot of lol-ing) my friend claire came in and decided to be trapped with me (and she was gonna read her book.. which, at this point, as you can imagine, was pretty much impossible). So we stayed there (I read weird t-shirt sayings outloud at random times (lol) and we joked around the whole time, until kevin said something really funny (about this kid who was also in the room getting pushed down the stairs by kevin's brother) and then we laughed, but I couldn't stop laughing until claire said "CALM DOWN!!" and I caught my breath, just as our teacher walked in the room, which started another burst of laughter to see if kevin would sing when she left.

Smiley to sum it up: :rofl:

So... it was a good day :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store