Howdy all!!!.....with a question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hatcheridiot

Call me crazy...Crazy
Apr 19, 2007
Washington State
Hello all. It's been forever since I've been here. I moved almost two years ago and have had to deal with dial-up internet ever since...I could really go on about that one!

Hope everyone has been doing well since I've been gone. I've done a TON of DIY stuff since I've been away and maybe I'll get to posting some of it if I EVER am able to get anything other than dial up.

Ok, so....the question.
Having dial-up and very little patience... I've been able to do little to no research on new things. I was hoping that I could get all my questions answered in one fell swoop......taking advantage of all of you!

I'm starting a new tank and would like a full review of my decisions, as some of them are new to me.

55g with a fluval 305 and 108watts of light.
Eco-complete substrate
Moderately planted with low-med light plants
Fish:
7 - Bosemani Rainbows
6 - Sterba cory's
1 - Suckermouth catfish (rescued adult)
2 - GBR's
10 - pearl danios
10 - endlers

Sorry for the extra long thread but I really need to make the most of my time before I'm disconnected.....aaaargh!

Eric

SidtheMonkey

Hey, I'm really a woman.
Mar 26, 2010
Outside Seattle, WA
Sounds nice and welcome (back) from a fellow Washingtonian.

texasguy

AC Members
May 13, 2009
You sound good on plants. I'm not a great stocking expert but I'm pretty sure the pleco(suckermouth) will outgrow a 55 and watch those endlers, they breed regularly.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
What kind of plec/suckermouth. Adult size can very from 2" for a pitbull pleco to 20"+for a gibby or common. I like your stock list, it's a good mix.

Filter, light etc. sound good also.

pjrichar

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Indianapolis,In
i like it sounds good,,, you have good light should be able to grow most plants... might get some pygmy, hasboras cories etc or otos.. for neat clean up crew...

hatcheridiot

Call me crazy...Crazy
Apr 19, 2007
Washington State
So I forgot how to do quotes.......but thank you ALL for your replies. Now I can stock in confidence.

SidtheMonkey: Thanks for the welcome back
texaxguy: Thanks for the review and the reminder about endlers...I've got another tank waiting to handle any offspring. My catfish is done growing...he's about 9yrs old and about 7"!
Fishnchips: See above. And thank you!
pjrichar: otos would be great! But I'm not sure about any more fish...that catfish is one heck of a waste producer
msjinkzd: Good to see you too! My multi-tank setup was SAWEET!!! if I do say so myself...BUT, I had to sell it all after I moved, no room. I should have posted it in here first, I sold all 17 tanks, stands, lights, and plumbing for a cool $200. It had to go.

Again, thank you all for the reply's!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store