Hurricane Wilma

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
I'm honestly not worried at all about Wilma, living in Orlando here. Last year was pretty bad, but we just lost a huge tree in my backyard, and 3 shingles, nothing TOO majorWhen you live in Orlando for 15 years out of your 18, you get used to tourist drivers, sonic booms, and hurricanes :soda:

Katrina was an exceptional circumstance, not something that happens every year, and it took several things combined to do what happened, not just the hurricane. Although, this has been the bussiest season since 1933, we ran out of friggin names!

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
Well i just talked to my parents and they are doing ok. They said their hotel doesn't have too much damage but everything else in town looks like a bomb went off. They said they finally got out of there room and were able to walk on the beach but the Mexican army made them turn around and go back. They also told me that food and water was scarce and they were hoping to get out by Thursday at the earliest. I was just glad to hear from them because i hadn't talked to them since early Friday.

Matt

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
Glad to hear they're alright!

I'm just here at home, watching movies. Nothing else to do. My sisters boyfriend is coming over with some DVD's later as well. Like I said, we're not worried :cool2:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I watched some of the News video (Monday, early morning) and it was funny watching one guy with a microphone and baggy rain-gear, 'acting' like the wind was about to knock him over, and a 'local' walked by - very normally as if nothing was going on... Great fun..

Another reporter shined a spotlight toward the Gulf as if to show how bad it was... It wasn't very effective. :thud:

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
Well i got a suprising phone call from my parents today after they had just landed in St. Louis. It seems they were able to get on the only commercial plane that landed at the Cancun airport today. It seems the CEO of US Airways pulled some of his connections in the mexican gov't and got a plane in there to get some Americans out. So a big thank you to all the US Airways employees who volunteered their time to fly down and get people out. As of right now the Cancun airport is still closed to commerical flights.

Matt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store