I am getting SO freaking annoyed.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WhisperedLitany

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
Okay. Well, i have 2 corydoras, a swordtail, 2 baby koi angelfish, and a baby clown pleco... I feed the angels small amounts 2 times a day, and they are STILL BEING PIGS. I know they can eat until they die, but jesus.

I have sinking wafers for the corydoras, and the corydoras dont even get to eat them because the angelfish will pick at them until they're gone. I tried puting a few extra in there and they just ate them all still.

I'm getting afraid of my corydoras and my pleco not being able to eat enough because these PIGS eat everything.

what can i do?

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
use an x-large net, catch them & feed them separately then release when other fish have had their fill. problem is corys don't eat fast & don't finish all that they can see or smell. but gives them a chance. the pleco will suck off the glass & other objects so a little growth is not bad. they don't really eat much solids, more micro. tho mine liked the frozen brine that makes it to the bottom

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
give it 20-30 min. after you turn the lights out then feed the wafers.

fishfood420

AC Members
Jan 26, 2009
Those all sound like they will work. I have 2 ADF's that i actually hand fed because the other fish are pigs too.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
use an x-large net, catch them & feed them separately then release when other fish have had their fill. problem is corys don't eat fast & don't finish all that they can see or smell. but gives them a chance. the pleco will suck off the glass & other objects so a little growth is not bad. they don't really eat much solids, more micro. tho mine liked the frozen brine that makes it to the bottom
Catching corys is both stressful for the owner and the fish IME...

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
I feed my cories at lights out

Good luck!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
look at the angels an tell them to stop it then try the seperate side of the tank feeding method

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Just add some flake food directly to the water coming out of the filter - it makes a 'flake storm' - then while the 'little angels' are busy chasing the flakes drop in the wafers. Works for me.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Just add some flake food directly to the water coming out of the filter - it makes a 'flake storm' - then while the 'little angels' are busy chasing the flakes drop in the wafers. Works for me.
It's pretty easy to overfeed with this method IMHO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store