I am seriously considering getting three ghost shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
If it's pink or white then it's a dead shrimp. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully some cherry shrimp will work out for you. I would get more than 3 or you will never see them. They have a pretty low bioload. If it was me I would try ghost shrimp again. They are just as hardy as cherry shrimp IMO but are generally cheaper. That way if you loose your shrimp again you will know something is going on. Shrimp are pretty sensitive, even the "hardy" ones.

mak3mydae

AC Members
Jan 25, 2009
Boston, MA
Out of curiosity, why ghost shrimp? dont people use ghost shrimp as feeders? And shrimps have very little bioload. You can get 20 and it wont really affect your bioload

enthusiast

AC Members
Sep 29, 2009
Sidney, OH
I was wondering why ghost shrimp myself, lol....

Wal-mart here in town sells them for .24 cents each....

I have RCS if you'd be interested in any of them, but do agree that for your first shrimp if the ghost interest you, you should try at them again. They are far cheaper and just as hardy.

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I chose ghost shrimp because they are cool little guys. The shrimp is white so I know he is dead. as for the rcs (red cherry shrimp) I have started a new thread about getting them and questions I have about them which can be found HERE.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store