I can't contain my excitement!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kw0me

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
Cool fish. My gf saw the pic and she wants one like it now. whats shipping worth on a fish? (touch wood) is the survival rate good for it being shipped?

Erikajo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2007
NH
Wow, that is one beautiful betta!

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
How about Pandurata?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Black flowers are, for many, the unicorns of the orchid world... mythical beasts with an entire cadre of stories, hopes, and dreams built around the possibility of their existence.)[/FONT]

draco2527

AC Members
Jan 2, 2007
NICE!! Color is outstanding...Congrats...

Amazing...just when you think you have seen it all...BAM!!

Kyohti

Curiouser and Curiouser...
Jan 5, 2007
Northeastern Oklahoma
Actually, I won him in an online auction. I've been looking for a fish like him since I started visiting those auctions 4 months ago, so I basically got lucky finding a betta like this one, but they have loads of spectacular crowntail bettas for auction on the site. I was just being very picky in getting one like him.

Can you believe the shipping will only be $5?? It's because he ships in bulk to a transhipper, so the shipping prices are low. So I'll be paying roughly $20 total for the betta, to my knowledge. I was offered a female for an additional $12, but I know how hard it is to breed bettas... I'll be happy just to have him!!!

The guy I am buying from has had nothing but positive feedback. All his buyers claim they received the fish live, large, healthy, and in spectacular color and condition. I expect nothing less. :D

I'll let you guys know how it goes, how much I end up paying, and how he looks when I receive him. That way you'll know what to expect if you decide to try buying bettas at auction.

Kyohti

Jan 5, 2007
Northeastern Oklahoma
This is the tank-style I was thinking of. Keep him in one and the white halfmoon in the other and butt them up together to create a half-sphere on my counter top. I could keep them both in one divided tank, but I think that they would eventually grow bored with fighting each other and wouldn't flare as much. Plus if one got sick, it might spread to the other. I'll keep a black divider between the two tanks and only let them flare at each other every now and again.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/14349/product.web

I'm definitely going to be getting another betta, so perhaps a pair of names?

So far, my friend suggested 'Damien' and 'Gabriel', Damien being this fish and Gabriel being the white halfmoon.

What do you guys think?

Kyohti

Jan 5, 2007
Northeastern Oklahoma
very cool - what about a tank big enough for the two with a divider...black substrate & black/red theme on one side, the white and blue on the other. Get creative with the background and make one which has the same division of themes.

I can kinda see a black/red 'river styx' style on one side, and a blue/white/green elyssian fields on the other
I like that... maybe instead of corner tanks, I can do two standard tanks and then go have custom backgrounds laminated for them at my local Mail-Mart.

I was also thinking the Mini-Bow tanks would be neat if I didn't do the corner tanks. That'd also help me save a few dollars as the Mini-bows aren't as expensive. I could do teal or blue for the white one and red or black for the betta that's coming in.

tinymitymo

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
I have a 5 gallon Hex Eclipse for my betta and his shrimpy friends. It is nice and quiet but I don't like the angles on the hex - it throws your views off depending on what angle you look at. The corner one would be nice since it is a bowed front.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
that fish is breeding material

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store