I DID IT!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I pulled the hair algae out with no issue. I lowered both timers. Oh new question, what is the deal with black algae? I tried scraping it off the leaf with my nail...no luck. To the touch I feel nothing, but I can visibly see it. What gives?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Its soft and fluffy!!...honestly as long as it is kept in heck on deco or filter outlets i like a little bit of BBA ...if that is what you have...is it tufts of fuzzy looking clinging to your stuff?.

If so turn off your filter dose excel in the tank like normal but squirt it directly on to the BBA ..leave the filter off for about 20 mins and start it back up...in a day or so it will turn bright red and die.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I might have to buy some excel then, I use dry ferts currently. It doesnt stand up off the leaf....it looks like black mold. I will get a pic, brb...

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
View attachment 209623
View attachment 209624

looks like the start of BBA ..you can also use H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) at about 3 ml per 10 gallons is what I have done and read. ..or remove the plant and dip it in the peroxide for a few mins and return to the tank. (might take a few days of treatment )

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
looks like the start of BBA ..you can also use H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) at about 3 ml per 10 gallons is what I have done and read. ..or remove the plant and dip it in the peroxide for a few mins and return to the tank. (might take a few days of treatment )
You could also use a spray bottle of peroxide and just spray it underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Spray bottles seem inefficient. Lots of movement getting the bottle to spray will help disperse the H2O2 more quickly, and you kinda want it sitting in place, not to mention the displacement when moving to a different target. Syringes are more accurate, less movement to squirt, and less displacement when you change targets, so you'll get more focussed benefit from the H2O2.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store