I finally joined!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adorabelle

AC Members
Aug 29, 2022
Yes, welcome to AC. You have some interesting fish, we're going to need more pics!
Hi! Thank you on both counts! :D I'm rubbish but enthusiastic about taking photos, so probably have some of whichever fish you find interesting! The pygmy tank is a mess right now, I'm halfway through a deep clean/de-algaeing, lol. And I'll be taking a lot more pics as I set up and move the fish into the 63g. I only got the 36g a few months ago, but regretted the size almost as soon as I started trying to scape it, wanting something with a larger footprint. I don't love the look I wound up with;
DSCF8889.JPG

Was aiming for an atmospheric, sunken forest low-tech look, but didn't quite get there, and went to far in other ways! With a lot of dark coloured cories on sark substrate/shaded areas etc, can hardly see them at times! So hoping to learn from my mistakes scaping the above tank and improve the look when setting up the 63g. The rounded wood piece chunk has to stay though. I bought it specifically because I thought the plecs would love it, and Ziggy made it his home instantly! The cories like to use it as a hidey spot/community meeting hall as well.

Tried to upload more photos of fish, but forum keeps telling me the files are too large? I don't know how to fix that, I'm a luddite. All taken with the same camera and uploaded the same way! I wish I had Cass' skill with the camera though! Beautiful photos of your fish, NoodleCats NoodleCats !

Reactions: dudley

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)

:) maybe it can help

Reactions: Adorabelle

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I like it. Are those some fancy type rocks? Dragon stone?

I get the dark fish on dark substrate. I'm mostly a loach, catfish & plant person. I had sidthimunki loaches (dwarf chain) on almost black substrate & they lost almost all their pattern.

Just the fact you can post pics at all is beyond my skill set, lol. I bet Noodle or someone will help w/posting on AC, I don't use a smart phone :oops:.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
With posting pics off phone on here...

Have to hit attach files
Screenshot_20220829-193657_Samsung Internet.jpg

Select your source
Screenshot_20220829-193708_Android System.jpg

You can ONLY upload 10 photos max per post.
Screenshot_20220829-193808_Gallery.jpg

Then let them load, then insert as full image.
Screenshot_20220829-193822_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's how I do it off phone

• Love

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
See, I knew Cass (Noodle to me) would help you! I'm more confused than ever, lol. But someday I hope I can post pics too without using a snail slow hosting site, meh, I have no patience...I will need help when my time comes eventually. I bet you Adorabelle, understood all that. You may need to have a certain # of posts (5 or 10? not just smilies) to use all the "easy" posting options. It used to be that way but might not any more.

Adorabelle

AC Members
Aug 29, 2022
I like it. Are those some fancy type rocks? Dragon stone?

I get the dark fish on dark substrate. I'm mostly a loach, catfish & plant person. I had sidthimunki loaches (dwarf chain) on almost black substrate & they lost almost all their pattern.

Just the fact you can post pics at all is beyond my skill set, lol. I bet Noodle or someone will help w/posting on AC, I don't use a smart phone :oops:.
Yep, it's dragonstone!
I don't use a smartphone either, so don't feel bad! I'm of an age that I should be able to, but I don't update tech unless I absolutely have to, like when my elderly laptop or phone breaks, then I'll get a new one, but I don't do iphones or updating every new generation of phone (because luddite) so I'm a tech dunce, really! And means I feel really guilty that Cass went to all that effort to show me how to post from a smartphone, and I don't have one :( I'm sorry, NoodleCats NoodleCats ! I use my proper camera, a Fujifilm X-T10 for fish photos because the camera can take really great shots, it's a problem at the user end when they don't turn out well! Then I transfer them to my laptop and upload that way. All my photos are taken with that camera, uploaded the same way, so not sure why some are okay, but others the forum says is too large to upload. I'm positive there is a way to resize photos so it would work, but have no clue how because tech dunce :D I will upload the ones that I can though!

Got some more photos of the cories in the QT tank, coloured up now since they've not so stressed! - sorry the glass is a mess, I'd let algae grow from QT otos recently, and glad I left it since one of the rescues is an oto, that's now looking pretty chubby! :D I do need to clean the outside glass though, whoops!

Fish one. Has a bit of a snout on him! I'll upload photos of the other two in another comment because of photo number limit;

DSCF9852.JPGDSCF9848.JPGDSCF9846.JPG

Face on, little cutie
DSCF9845.JPG

Any ideas, Cass? Or anyone else? Photos of the other two coming up!

Adorabelle

AC Members
Aug 29, 2022
Fish two (left) fish three (right). I'm not even sure if fish one and fish two are the same species, I really can't tell with these spotty cories! I don't have an eye for it. But fish two has a deeper brownish colour, and I think the head shape might be a bit different? Fish three is much more obviously a different species, but harder to tell whether fish 2 and 3 are the same species, or if I have three different types of cory. They're swimming around together though, staying close to each other.:)

DSCF9857.JPGDSCF9834.JPGDSCF9827.JPGDSCF9826.JPGDSCF9824.JPGDSCF9822.JPGDSCF9818.JPGDSCF9813.JPGDSCF9808.JPG

Adorabelle

AC Members
Aug 29, 2022
Dang, they all turned out kinda blurry :(
I don't want to touch the tanks right now because I've been using paint and white spirit, and despite washing hands loads, can still smell white spirit, but will shower and scub well, then tomorrow clean the glass and attempt to get some better photos. Wish me luck!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Fish #1 is agassizii or ambiacus... the dorsal marking is smack between the two, but it does reach farther to the tip so I'd suggest agassizii more.

Fish #2 is definitely another species... dorsal is blotched instead of a solid front part. The angle is bad, if you can get a straight on side view that'd be fantastic, but until then I'd lean towards C018.

Aren't the spotted cories fun??? Lol

• Love

Adorabelle

AC Members
Aug 29, 2022
Fish #1 is agassizii or ambiacus... the dorsal marking is smack between the two, but it does reach farther to the tip so I'd suggest agassizii more.

Fish #2 is definitely another species... dorsal is blotched instead of a solid front part. The angle is bad, if you can get a straight on side view that'd be fantastic, but until then I'd lean towards C018.

Aren't the spotted cories fun??? Lol
Haha yep! I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start, if it weren't for you and DoubleDutch, I'd just be calling them Larry, Curly and Moe, and chuckin em in with the others ;) ? I really appreciate you taking a look and trying to ID them even with my terrible photos! I'll definitely try to get some better pics today - clean the glass both sides, adjust the camera settings, then it's down to the fish to pose for me! ?

Do you still think corydoras leopardus for fish number three? So I really do have three different species here? I wonder how the previous owners managed to wing up doing that...getting three different but similar looking species of cory. Very odd and I'm tempted to ask them!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store