I got DISCUS!! Good news/bad news

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
Flakes were never on the menu! :D I feed my tetras and rasboras mini pellets too, flakes are too messy even in a low current tank. The only concern I have is our winter ski trip coming up this weekend. I will leave Thurs afternoon and return Sunday night so they will need to eat pellets from the auto feeded exclusively for 2 days. It would not concern me except they may still be a bit stressed out. :confused:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Jason...I wonder if your discus would be better off to fast while you're away...What if they don't eat all the pellets and the water gets messy...just a thought. I hear that most fish can go quite awhile without eating..maybe want to check that out with someone who knows discus very well.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
most fish can go 4-7 days w/o eating, but its not healthy usually. My puffers eat once every other day usually.

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
Emg said:
I know that discus are very fussy about water conditions...was wondering that they may do better to go hungry for a few days, than to be in less than clean clear water..... :confused:

Very true, but you are forgetting my loyal army of catfish, plecos and overeating tetras. :D

Paccula

AC Members
Dec 14, 2004
Vancouver, BC, Canada
maybe put just enough food in the feeder for those guys, if you know they will eat it. if the discus get some they get some, if not they might be fine like other people are saying. but I'd check on that other site as well and see if they say the same thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store