I GOT MY CLAMS TODAY!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
it was Hermione-I would look at the thread she made, she has obviously done a lot of research and knows what she's doing.

Edit: the thread is here http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162870

I notice two things-one, she has hers in a goldfish tank, which are extremely messy fish. Another is the fact that it's a coldwater tank.

TLT

AC Members
May 6, 2008
Good luck with the cute clams :) It's great that you've decided to run the filter and continue to seek the advice of others (hopefully they won't hold the filter issue against you for too much longer, lol).

I know nothing about freshwater clams, but I looked them up and sites say they originate from Thailand, which doesn't necessarily mean they are coldwater. Oh well, it just shows that fishkeeping is not just a hobby, it's kind of a science. You need to do the research for yourself as well as exchange knowledge with peers.

chazsgirl

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
I did the research and am in contact with Hermione with any questions I have! I just put them in some yummy green water and we will see how that goes before I put them in the main tank. I know that few have been successful with these guys but how do you know if you can do something unless you try! if i fail then learned it is harder than I though and I know, but If I altleast keep one than I will know.
BTW there are several different def. of "green water" everyone has a different way of doing it! I may not be an expert on things but the only way to become one is to go through trial and error! I am taking advice and will try the hardest to make this a happy healthy environment for my clams! Thanks for all your advice!

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
The thing about trying clams is that if you fail, expect a huge ammonia spike that can wipe out everything else in your tank with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store