I have a serious ich problem. Need help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ConnerFish

AC Members
Sep 27, 2005
California
I am also having an upsetting case of ich on my tank. I have been using Rid Ich for treatment. Does anyone know if this is an effective treatment for ich? I've only been treating for like three days but if this method isn't all that effective should I switch or keep going? Also doing 25-50% water changes each day with treatment.

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
I just made a post, cos dammned if I can get this ich cured. I lost 2 gold rams and they didnt even have white spots. The others still do. its like the curse from hell!
I am at my wits end too. Tried salt and heat- no change, cleaned tank, then tried meth blue, which killed all my plants (or it was the salt) but not the white spot, it lives on, tried white spot remedy, and one fish in the corner- probably will go next, has no spots, the ones that do go around like nothing is wrong.
I bought a new angel put it in a different tank, it just rubs against the plants- no spots, but seems itchy.

I feel for ya duragon.
What is your water hardness? I lost my guppies apparently cos my water is too soft! one died, then next day another, then two days later, another. etc...

OH, and I do daily water changes of 20%, then add back the equivalent of treatment from water taken.
When I'm not treating fish, I do WC every other day of 20% anyway, seeing as every little thing can apparently be fixed with water changes, thats what I do now, test later,lol

I found ALOT of info on white spot, when the spots drop off, they multiply by thousands, then look for another host. The white spot you see is the cyst formed by the protazoa/nematode, or whatever its called burrowing under the skin. You can kill the ich while its free swimming in the tank, while they are looking for a new host. but seems mine never dropped off, supposed to die off in a week, this is a month now!
http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/ichparasiticdiseases/a/aa_cryptocaryon.htm

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store