I love mystery snails!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
good article, but i would have touched on the importance of a calcium rich diet for briggs. unless you have incredibly hard water, you do need to supplement calcium in their diet.

Buff

Former Squid
Oct 5, 2010
The Hills of NW Georgia
Real Name
Buff
Cool :D

My LFS always told me that they would eat any plants in the tank?
I have three in my tank (bridgesii apple snails) that don't eat the plants, but they are getting so large that they will uproot poorly rooted plants. They were sold as "mystery snails."

I understand that canaliculata apple snails will eat most plants and they are also sold as "mystery snails."

My three (Skeeter, Goldie and Float) are between ping-pong and golf-ball size. Pretty neat pets...

RiVerfishgirl

AC Members
Jan 15, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Real Name
Heather
Cool :D

My LFS always told me that they would eat any plants in the tank?
My golden mystery snail doesn't bother any of my plants, and my aponogeton and lilies have really thin leaves, they'd be easy to consume. He does however devour thawed frozen broccoli. It's his favorite :D .

I'd assume if you don't feed them enough they might resort to eating plants, but otherwise they'll leave most plants alone.

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
I think I have a mystery snail. I bought one anyhow. Put it in my five gal at work with one male betta and havent seen it since. no shell. nothing. it is heavily planted woth java moss. do they tend to hide in that maybe? or could it have gotten lost in the moss?

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store