I need a new filter for a planted shrimp tank, any recomendations?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
okay, my fluval is not working for some reason, so, petco said they would take it back, but they dont have another one in stock, they were suppose to get one in this wednesday, but its not on the truck, so...

I took it back for an eheim canister filter for an 80g, and wow, its very nice, I stuck the old guts from my previous filter in it, so hopefully there wont be much cycling. since my old waterfall filter is only trickling out of one side now.

I actually lost an adult shrimp yesterday! so, I couldnt wait for the fluval. I had to get something fast, I wanted a fluval, but the eheim was simpler to put together, prettier, and its green! my favorite color.

The best part is that I CANT HEAR A THING! I have to make sure its still running. its a very nice change from my loud grinding waterfall filter ive had for the past year.

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
The best part is that I CANT HEAR A THING! I have to make sure its still running. its a very nice change from my loud grinding waterfall filter ive had for the past year.
I just got my first canister filter recently and I agree...once you go canister, you wonder why it took you so long to change! :grinyes:

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
Oh yeah, the main issue is price, but its got a THREE year warranty! Normal waterfall filters are like half the price, but dont have a manufacture warranty!

My waterfall stopped working in 10 months, so, technically in the long run a canister is cheaper!

I want to thank Msjinkzd for recommending it!

Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store