I need an id on a couple things

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
First these little green plant like things

then this little guy
live rock 2.JPG

live rock 2.JPG what1.JPG

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
well little guy then green things lol

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
how little is "little guy"? And are those purple thready structures attached to him/her/it or just something it happened to be sitting on at the time the pic was taken? There is nothing nearby to give a sense of scale but if he's in the 1/4 to 1/2 inch size range I think "copepod" is a possibility. This would be a Good Thing if you are planning on having mandarins or seahorses, copepods are what they live on almost exclusively.

the green thingy I have no clue. Looks like a cactus but I am suspecting this is not what they actually are. :)

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
stretched the little guy is almost an inch long and off its head it has all those tentacles

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
The plant definitely looks like a type of halidema.

The creature...I would normally say bristleworm...but those white things aren't normal for them, so not sure.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I agree on it being halimeda, they are very big Ca absorbers. It grows very fast in my tank.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
The worm is a spaghetti worm which are members of the Terbellidae family. The arms are tentacles that they use to sweep the surrounding area for food. The algae is indeed Halimeda as mentioned earlier which is a type of coralline algae found in the Caribbean. Healthy algae is green and will grow new "coins" from the tips of the furthest extension. When they die the calcium carbonate skeleton turns white and breaks down into sand.

Andy

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yep, spaghetti worm and halimeda.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store