i saved another one

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
yea and he kinda knocked on my door and gave it to me, and said i think its dying

i am prob gonna get him a little bit bigger and try and sell him

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
the thing is
he bought another one yesterday
and petco told him it would be okay with his cichlids and i told him NO!!!!!

his nh3 is starting to rise, and i know he doesnt use aquasafe...he doesnt siphon his tanks so all that old food and poop is gonna cuase huge amounts of nh3 and kill his fish

but what do i know

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
I got a sickly gourami that way. Neighbor came with the gourami in a bag at our door. At the time I was still living with my parents. I tried to nurse this gourami back to health in a ten gal tank alone..Bought meds....The gourami lived with me a few weeks and then died.

Mother Yoda

is needing advice
Feb 11, 2007
Midwestern United States
This is a very honorable and kind act. But I may have to agree with the above. But I think personaly, you should try to keep it and try to get a larger tank ASAP.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
how well a pleco does with cichlids depends on a few factors..
what cichlids are involved.
how much cover there is and what species of pleco we are talking about.

faun

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Norwich, England
If you have the space to feed him up and get him healthy you should do this then when he's well you will be able to pass him on to someone with the space for him, if you put him on the classifieds here you know he's going to a good home.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Sorry...that's the tank he came from isn't it, not the one you have him in currently.

Btw all of those are cichlids (Oscar, Midas, Parrot) - his other two seem to be African Rift Lake Cichlids, probably Lake Malawi species.

(Lets not bring the thread down the road of a&j's next door neighbour's over stocked tank though)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store