i upgrade my beardie and crabs!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I hope that wood is really sealed well because pine is poisonous to reptiles.

There really are no plants that you can keep with them except for fake ones. Your BD will kill the plants by eating and trampling over them.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I agree with Vicious, he will kill most plant that goes in. Maybe get some nice wood? I would get a large piece so that he can get closer to the basking light. It seems pretty far away IMO. As for the pine I think he was talking about what the cage is made of.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
beardies very much enjoy tasting their enclosures, especially when they are younger, and will often bite anything that they think they can. plants will quickly be eaten, or at the very least shredded.

their are lots of fake plants you could get though; petco sells some pretty remarkable replicas.

a few big stumps of wood would help the little guy feel more at home. give him some places to climb, and a cave or two to sleep in. he'll love it!

I really miss my old beardie; we rehomed him after one of his basking lights fell and started a small fire. he was a great lizard, though. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store