I wanna make a mini betta paradise

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
My PK stays in a five gallon all by his lonesome with live plants. For a Betta I think this is a little closer to a paradise. Keeping two male Bettas next to each other like that would probably be stressful to them as they will view each other as intruders.

I agree with you. Maybe I'll get a piece of black acyclic from lowes and glue that in. Although they get pretty accustomed to each other after awhile.

abisheridee

fish noob!
Nov 21, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
I've got an african tiger lotus my betta loves laying on, he also likes the moss ball as it sometimes gets bits of sinking betta food stuck to it and he can lounge on it AND eat at the same time :D

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
If you're worried about the filter filtering the whole tank well, you could always try out doing the DIY kraft mesh dividers...otherwise the ready-made petsmart ones have tiny holes in them. Just be sure to attach them well! I had a disaster in my divided tank!

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
I've got an african tiger lotus my betta loves laying on, he also likes the moss ball as it sometimes gets bits of sinking betta food stuck to it and he can lounge on it AND eat at the same time :D

What a pretty plant! I will try to get a hold of one. My boys do love to lounge.

abisheridee

fish noob!
Nov 21, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
What a pretty plant! I will try to get a hold of one. My boys do love to lounge.
I got mine from java plants- it was very long and willowy when I first got it and the mature leaves reach the surface; he only lays on the young leaves which are nearer the bottom out of the way of the filter flow, so if you can, get one which is a bit stumpier!! :)

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
from what i understand having a divided betta tank for multiple males can actually be good for them as the flaring and such associated with having males near each other is kind of like "exercise" for the fish lol.

all 3 of my bettas make bubble nests regularly and are very happy, colorful, display well, and have shown very strong regrowth (two of them are rescues from some dumb kids that were fighting them)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store