I would like opinions on my hardscape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Ok guys and girls, those are the BEST layouts I have come up with.

On a side note how would the BIG DW look left side and alone, back almost to the corner. (leaving space for plants to grow behind.) I am starting to imagine a sloping substrate from left (high side) to right (low side). High side big DW with petite anubias all around the DW. low side Clover. No more Stick DW it has been voted off the island...Maybe use the long flat red rock to hold the hill and separate the clover/ anubias?

No matter how this turns out I can't begin to thank everyone for their input/ help.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
terrible drawing of tank idea.png

Forgive my photoshop skills...HA!

orange-clover
green- petite anubias
Purple- narrow java fern
Lime green- crypt undulata
green "floating"- frogbit

I really wish I could get one of those super thin branch type DW, it would go great across the open right side...

terrible drawing of tank idea.png

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
View attachment 211930

Forgive my photoshop skills...HA!

orange-clover
green- petite anubias
Purple- narrow java fern
Lime green- crypt undulata
green "floating"- frogbit

I really wish I could get one of those super thin branch type DW, it would go great across the open right side...
The thin branchy DW is manzanita. I dont know if you know but there a vendor here and they sell it.

Your moving along faster in your build than i am. Im trying to find a job before i spend any money on my tank.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
The thin branchy DW is manzanita. I dont know if you know but there a vendor here and they sell it.

Your moving along faster in your build than i am. Im trying to find a job before i spend any money on my tank.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I did not know that we had a vendor for that. The only reason I am moving so fast, or it appears that way, is I got the tank awhile back and already had some idea of the direction it was headed. Having a full time job and a good wife help though.

This message will self destruct in...1...2...3...

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Zorro, I will have to look into that species of wood, thanks for the suggestion!

Huapala, If I can find some better DW I would succumb to a all DW tank, in the best interest of the fish. As it is now with the pieces I have...I am not satisfied.

I never dreamed I would be so torn on how this tank should look. I really do appreciate you folks being patient and trying to help me work this out.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
You are more likely to find crape myrtle in your neighbor's yard than in a store. When my mother-in-law trimmed her's I got some great branches and dried them out before making a moss tree from them. It's not common in the hobby, but it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store