Ick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kamoton

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
SC
:help:
Hey everyone,

Having a little prob w/my emperor angel. He has white little balls building up around the face/neck area. I'm assuming it is ick, but could it also be stress from being moved to a different tank???

If it is ick, should I treat him in the main tank or in a X-large tupperware container?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

I've dealt with FW ick...but not SW.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
"fuzzy white little balls" doesn't normally come to mind when I think of ich. white spots - yes. can you get a picture? That would help diagnose. Simple stress doesn't show itself like that. Some fish change colors or show splotches and whatnot, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Treat only what it actually is or the best educated guess.

Also, I have a lot of tupperware, but I don't think I have any or have seen any that would be big enough for treatment in an angel, no matter how small. Unless it's 10g roughly (which I wouldn't put a juvenile angel in a tank that small for 6-8week QT), I'd get something else.

I also agree that if it is ich, all fish should be treated.

kamoton

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
SC
:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
Thanks for your comments. The QT bucket would be 32g...don't know if that is big enough now that one of my tangs are also showing signs of it. This is a FOWLR tank.
I'll attach a pic below.
The Angel has gotten VERY bad in just a days time.
PLEASE HELP!
:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

ick 001.jpg ick 002.jpg ick 003.jpg ick 004.jpg

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't really tell but that last pic doesn't really look like ich to me. People describe ich as "grains of salt stuck to the fish" Those look kind of bubbly but maybe its just because of the quality of the picture. I guess wait and see what everyone else thinks.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I agree, plus there's a general discoloration that coulld be excess mucous production, brook? i don't think the pictures really look like ich, or just ich. http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~sweetyummy42/disease.html anything on this page look and sound familiar? You really need to be on top of fish diseases and paying a lot of attention and doing a lot of research to have success in treating fish diseases.

kamoton

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
SC
The spots do look like salt grains! The tank in FOWLR and the spots are on several of the larger fish now...what is the biggest concern if I treat the main tank? It is starting to appear on just about all of the fish and I'd hate to move them all out espaecially due to their size! Some actually have a few red sore looking spots too...don't know if they may have brushed up on the rockwork or not??? Please help me...my angel is hanging around the bottom and I know her time is limited.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
with hyposalinity..... killing inverts. you need to be acting fast. i wouldn't use copper in a display tank due to being stuck in the tank and being deadly to inverts (snails, shrimp, etc.) or if you ever want to do any corals

red sore spots doesn't really strike me as ich either. did you look at the link I provided?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store