Ick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It would help if you gave more details about the set up. High temp or high temp & salt are fairly common ways to deal with it.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm old school, high temp speeds the ich lifecycle but doesn't always kill it completely & may be hard on fish. Salt can work but it needs to be added slowly & removed slowly too. I haven't had ich for years but I like dyes like methylene blue or Victoria green. Copper can work too but inverts will NEVER be able to live in your tank again. Think hard.

What ever treatment you choose, water changes to remove as many Ich forms as you can helps a lot, with redosing your chosen tx to full strength...& don't stop treatment for 10-14 days to make sure you kill it ALL. Read up on the ich lifecycle; basically it's on the fish then drops off into the substrate, then into the water column & back onto the fish... often worse than at first.

All that said, ich is very treatable. You can fix this problem! But you can't slack off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store