ID THIS FISH GAME THREAD

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
Matt, Nothobranchius korthausae and Patrick if you can get a better picture it would be easier to ID for you but assuming you bought the fish in a mom/pop shop as a feeder or to cycle your SW tank im just going to say a common Gambusia affinis or Priapella intermedia.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
its a molly???

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Hey guys, the way the game works is that the first person to correctly id the previous fish posts the next one. Patience Patrick! And correct id is ALWAYS in Latin. Ritap, do you know how many different species can be properly called "Mollies"? I can think of about a half dozen off the top of my head, and Mollies really aren't my thing.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
The fish on the right probably can't be id'ed as a single species, because most Livebearers available in the hobby are multigenerational hybrids. It likely has Poecilia latipinna and at least one other species, most likely velifera or shenops in its ancestry. The other fish is just too blurry.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Matt, Nothobranchius korthausae and Patrick if you can get a better picture it would be easier to ID for you but assuming you bought the fish in a mom/pop shop as a feeder or to cycle your SW tank im just going to say a common Gambusia affinis or Priapella intermedia.
Yes, AKA mosquitofish

Sorry, next time I'll be patient :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
Guess I've officially stumped everyone.... ha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store