ID this rift lake cichlid GAME

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water

Last edited:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ooh ooh ooh i know this one!!!! AGHH i cant think of the name of it!!!! >=D

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
ooooo, can I play

However, I am gonna throw a curve ball at you, this is a NA fish :p:

This is me and a fish my son caught in the St. Joseph River in SW Michigan. This is the fish in its winter, pre spawn color.

Here's a another one fresh from Lake Michigan in it's silver morph. Got this bad boy in my creek.

Here's how they look in the lake (rough seas - aye)

ibr3ak

I Eat Fish
Dec 15, 2007
Brooklyn, An Why See
We need to change the rules a little, like if noone guesses the fish right within a certain period of time, you need to post the name of un'id'ed fish and post a new one, cause this might go on forever.

I have no clue what it is :)

P.s. Razzo sweet catches, I didn't know trout got that huge :D

Schneider

AC Members
Jul 26, 2009
Razzo you have to get the correct ID of the fish Yoji posted before posting another one...even if it is a nice non-cichlid rainbow trout!
It is a strain of the rainbow trout know as steelhead. This would be winter steelhead since they prespawn in the winter. Steelhead are an ocean run strain of the rainbow trout that get quite a bit larger than your standard rainbow. Much to many anglers surprise, they sometimes jump acrobatically many times when hooked. This fish is very salmon like indeed. They are not native to our great lakes, but are stocked to control alewives. One exotic species to control another!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store