ideas for ten gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
A 6 inch fish would do better in a 40 gallon IMO

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Why a 40 gallon? What specifically makes a 40 gallon better than a 39 gallon?

If you aren't totally attached to the neons, you could bring them back to the store and get some dwarf puffers. They're awesome little fish with a TON of personality, but you're going to have to feed them live or frozen foods and heavily plant/decorate the tank to keep more than 1 together. You can usually do 3 dp's in a 10 gallon, although personally I'd only get one.

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam

If you aren't totally attached to the neons, you could bring them back to the store and get some dwarf puffers. They're awesome little fish with a TON of personality, but you're going to have to feed them live or frozen foods and heavily plant/decorate the tank to keep more than 1 together. You can usually do 3 dp's in a 10 gallon, although personally I'd only get one.
He meant that a 40 gallon would be better than a 10 gallon...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

It's wider and longer than a 10 or twenty, and I don't see many 30 gallon tanks being sold besides bowfronts...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012

I've done 8 dwarf puffers in a HEAVILY planted 10g. It worked well for many months until I sold them cause I needed the 10 as a grow out tank. I think they didn't even see each other. It was planted so heavily that the only time I see them was feeding time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I could go to a twenty eventually, when I have the appropriate funding
Dwarf puffers are an interesting option and if you can potentially do a 20, I would go for a group.

I think a pair of betta patoti(or similar wild betta) or one leaf fish would be the options I would choose.

Another option might be Chaca chaca, the frogmouth catfish. They are pretty lazy, but are in the so ugly its cute category. They definitely qualify as eating machines.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=136

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store