If I were to build a stand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
A brain fart. lol. I used "2x4's" for my stand then I used something called Sandeply for the outside of it.

redswi

AC Members
Jan 12, 2007
1 and 3/4 by 3 and 3/4

But you'll be mostly dealing with length anyway so don't sweat it.

Where are you buying your lumber?????
a 2x4 is actually 1 1/2 x 3 1/2(american lumber standards)

Lady G....PM me an idea of what your looking for (width,hieght,depth,storage needs,furniture tastes,ect.) and I'll draw somthing up with price and ease of construction in mind

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Do you think that would be easier/cheaper for me to make? I really have no clue how to "draw" out what I am talking about on here. But I was thinking a frame on top and bottom with 2x4's, then the four legs with at least one in the middle (back) and a "support" board in the middle of top and bottom frame (does that make sence?) Then maybe plywood or something on the back and sides and one on the bottom frame for a "shelf".

red devil

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
Shenzhen, China
Visit site
Is it going to be a piece of furniture? or is it going to be mostly functional? You can find some nice pine plywood and stain it...with a couple of coats and then a good poly it will also look nice, at half the price of oak plywood. Make sure you plan for your electrical needs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store