I'm afraid ....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GCL

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Western Ct.
To quote a very wise person, "Be afwaid, be vewy, vewy afwaid"

You may find some newly evolved species living in it~~~~~~

bluemeate

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
yeah i usually just give my filter a half *** cleaning every 3 months or so in the front yard with a hose... no amonia spikes or nothing

Fishy_Fun

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Oregon
Well, i just got through cleaning mine after not doing so for about 2 years.Let me tell you, it smelled so much like dirt it wasn't even funny.There was literally 1" of goop in the bottom of each canister.The filter floss was so disgusting that i didn't even want to touch it.The sponges in the bottom were so covered in gunk that i don't even know how the filter pushed any water.

Lol, i did find a couple baby crayfish in the bottom, i don't know how they managed to live down there.God only knows what they ate....Shudders

My only suggestions, throw them out and buy new filters!
What you will see cannot be unseen!
All kidding aside, good luck

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Getting closer. Still working with the plants. I have been able to find one side of the tank now that a big portion of Java Moss was removed. ;)

Man...that's a nice stump I have in there too. Wonder where that came from? :)

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
lol, sounds like a real project. You still need some pics of this jungle tank of yours. :D

Good Luck!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Getting closer. Still working with the plants. I have been able to find one side of the tank now that a big portion of Java Moss was removed. ;)

Man...that's a nice stump I have in there too. Wonder where that came from? :)
lol. that's how my birthday tank this past November came to me. so many plants i couldn't even see the flourite on the bottom except where it was against the glass. friend that gave me the tank said 'i think there's a couple pieces of driftwood in there', so i thought i found wood when my hand hit something hard. ended up pulling out some nice iguami style rocks, lol!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store