I'm back! With another halfmoon betta pair.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Thanks everyone! Here are a couple of full tank shots.
The plant is a mangrove seedling that I'm cultivating. It gives him a nice place to hide. And dont mind the ghetto light setup, I'm making a nice poplar hood to cover that.

The chinese teacup keeps the water from the filter outlet from digging a hole in the sand substrate.

And some better photos of Brishen. Hooray! He's settling in nicely, and starting to show some personality.

You can see where he tore his fins in shipping. Drat.

He'll only flare in that back corner! The rascal.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very awesome!

Kyohti

Curiouser and Curiouser...
Jan 5, 2007
Northeastern Oklahoma
:y220e: Fantastic. :y220e:

I'm definitely impressed with your fish! I'll be interested to see how you procede with your breeding program. Will you be making any attempts at continuing the butterfly in his line or are you gonna swing for pure copper or copper lace? What's your plan?

ReignsAngel

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
Photo of the month? You have many excellent pictures that could be entered. :D

iamgroovy

Nature Lover
Jul 7, 2005
PA USA
What kind of camera are you using and what settings?
I don't seem to do too well getting pics of my fish:(

He really is stunning!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Thanks everybody!
These are shot with a Canon 20D. I shoot on AP or Manual, with a 580 EX on-camera, pointing up at about 45 degrees, and a slave 580EX directly above the tank pointing down, both with Omni-bounces. My ISO is usually at about 200 or 400, depending on the lighting. I'm manually focusing (my 17-85 IS lens' autofocus is out right now).
I usually end up shooting during the day, because my other half comes home at night and he's already grumpy about "ALL" my fish tanks (all two). He's too jealous of the little fishies for any photos at night. If you can shoot at night, it's easier, because you get fewer reflections off the glass. A darkened room always helps.
Oh, and clean glass! I always forget, but if you remember it will be easier than trying to shoot around algae or water spots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store