I'm crossing Eheim Jager heaters off my list

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

apastuszak

AC Members
Jun 2, 2015
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphacks.com
Real Name
Andy
Camera Used
iPhone XR
And another note. It appears the issue was with the kitchen thermometer I used test the water. :oops:

The stick on thermometer I bough was pegged at it's highest reading, which was 82°F. I stuck the kitchen thermometer in the water and after 5 minutes, it said it was 94.1°F degrees.

I bought this little puppy off of Amazon and put it in the tank on Sunday:

That told me the tank was 82.2°F

I bough a stick on that went to 84 and now it shows a temperature between 82 and 84.

So it appears I need a new kitchen thermometer now.

Explains a lot about my cooking too.... ;)

So, the temp is good, and the condensation is normal. You're off my **** list Eheim.

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
I had this happen to me as well where I though the heater was defective but when I tried different thermometers the temp was actually correct! Glad you got it all solved :).

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm glad you posted that info about the oil droplets that look like condensation in the glass. Hopefully that's what it is. I know my 3yr/old (standard glass) Aqueon 150w heater has looked like that for some time. Ticked me off too, because the dial-end has never been wet or under water. I don't mind a little oil in there if indeed that's what it is.

With the Aqueon Pros, you can't tell what's going on inside them. Mine stopped working and had water in it, never having been fully submerged. When I was troubleshooting it, it gave me a shock.

apastuszak

AC Members
Jun 2, 2015
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphacks.com
Real Name
Andy
Camera Used
iPhone XR
I decided to calibrate my Eheim yesterday. I had it set to 79 and it was at 82.9 in the tank. So I calibrated it and turned the temp down to 79 degrees, and this morning the tank is 83.8 degrees.

I'm going to adjust it again in about 15 minutes. If it doesn't stay at 79, I'll make another warranty claim with Eheim.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What degree of accuracy is your expectation?

apastuszak

AC Members
Jun 2, 2015
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphacks.com
Real Name
Andy
Camera Used
iPhone XR
I would like to be within 2 degrees. Problem I have now is that I have the calibration turned down to it's lowest setting, and it's still 3 degrees off.

My Eheim Pro is pretty much dead on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store