I'm Debt Free!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Had to tell someone, thanks to the teachings of Dave Ramsey, my family and I have paid off over 42k in debt the past year and now are debt free (exept for the house)! Now money isnt a stresser in our lives. Its amazing how a little common sense goes a long way when dealing with money. :dance:
Im so happy for you!! its time we get out of debt if we can!! Im paying a year ahead on my car which means paying it off. and 1 card. I will only be in debt $4,000 and thats total. I really want to stress to people to get out of debt, I believe tough times are ahead of us.
I plan to pay off my debt at 400.00 a month until its gone. hopefully by December it will be gone.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
start with reading the book "The total money makeover" by dave ramsey. basicly it has 7 "baby steps". the best part is that isnt a scam, alot of the get out of debt plans require you to send them a butt load of money for the info. you can find dave on the radio, fox news buisness, or online.
for me it was the good book, tithe and bless others and you will be blessed in the process :lol: sorry had to throw that in. I believe if you pay down your cards and bills, do not use them and cut the cards up so your not tempted then you got it made. and I always tithe ..... givbe and it shall be given pressed down shaken and over flowing...... ( yes I believe this and it works for me)

BreellaBlue87

2009: The year of the Bat
Dec 8, 2008
Central New York
I've got a lot of debt. around $20,000 on school loans alone so far (and I still have a few more years to go) plus $2,500 in credit card.

I'm never getting a credit card ever again. My father has given me a few get out of debt books buy a different guy. Glad to see that it's worked for someone.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
We are running Ramsey's program we will pay off 45K in 2.5 years if we stick to it without changing the level of comfort we have now. If we were not following it we would be looking at 7.5 years for payoff.

The cool thing is my wife and I have decided to cut a few things like soda, chips, weekly movie rentals, and other small stuff out. Just by doing those and taking that little extra cash and paying acording to his system we cut 5 months off the time to pay down. We hope to cut even more this summer by doing garage sales, mowing lawns for the neighbors, etc.

It is amazing how good it feels once you start to see the snowball effect of your actions. It becomes like a drug to get a little extra cash so you can pay off the next bill to roll the payment over just a little faster.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I keep 2 credit cards. There is always going to be a time when one is needed. Needed as opposed to wanted is the big thing. When you start grouping things into a "needed" category seriously and then the "everything else", you can see how you have become a slave to spending. Just to make sure the account stays open, I will use them at least once a month and then pay off the card as soon as the bill comes. Even if it's just a tank of gas. As long as I do it every month, it shows up as continuous credit history. Never use them for a cash advance as that automatically gets you a "C" rating for that month.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store