I'm going to attempt breeding multies.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yeah, Pitt is right about mostly everything related with cichlids; but his mind is not right. :screwy:

Last edited:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hahaha Efors me mucker, I have been in the Hobby a long time but not longer than Efors aye for me i am at 27 yrs of fish keeping service.. Thanks Rufio..

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
The only issue I see with plants like anubias is that they will not do well if their rhizomes are buried...and since multis dig A LOT that could become an issue in a tank where there isn't much space for that sand to go.

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
All you need is 6 of them and they will breed 100's actually they can breed in a mud puddle 3 shells per fish and the best plant to place in with them is anubias nana
Sounds good, thanks for the info :D
And yes, you can keep MTS with them.
Thanks for clarifying.
Pitt's right about the plants. I'm finding Pitt is right about mostly everything :p Furthermore, MTS are very nice to have.
Ok, do you feed MTS anything specific?
Yeah, Pitt is right about mostly everything related with cichlids; but his mind is not right. :screwy:
Haha, nice.
hahaha Efors me mucker, I have been in the Hobby a long time but not longer than Efors aye for me i am at 27 yrs of fish keeping service.. Thanks Rufio..
Lol, had to read that twice. ;)
The only issue I see with plants like anubias is that they will not do well if their rhizomes are buried...and since multis dig A LOT that could become an issue in a tank where there isn't much space for that sand to go.
That's a good point. Maybe just some crypts.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Small pieces of THR and shove the Rhizome in a small hole it worked for me for a long time.. I am talking about maybe the size of a baseball or smaller with the THR ..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store