I'm looking to buy a boat...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gotglock

The CowBacon Movement
Dec 3, 2008
S. Elgin, IL
Look for lots a sealent inside and outside, if you see a lot, means it leaks and the dude is covering for himself. If the wood is rotted on the motor mount dont worry about that, it can be easily replaced. Look for any dents or major scrapes. I prefer deep hulled V boats over jon boats. Jon boats are notourios for leaking and suck in bad weather. A V hull cuts through rough water much better then a jon boat.

We have 4 boats, we use our 14' footer most of the time because its stood up to a lot of abuse. (Bass boat [needs refurb due to racoons getting in it], 14' aluminum V, Jon baot [Leaks and no intentions fixing the darn thing], canoe, and kyak)

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
Any issues with stability at all? Either running or sitting. As I mentioned earlier, the boat is primarily to be used with me and my kids. I figure that I'll be moving around in the boat, baiting hooks, handing out rods, taking fish off the line etc. . Any chance of dumping/flipping this thing with a sudden movement by the kids, or being hit by the wake from a bigger boat?

I got my boat from my grandpa who had it for over 30 years before me, he's had it on larger lakes when sudden storms came up and the boat did fine on rough water. It's not the most stable in the bow where the v is at its deepest but the stern is very stable. Even then I've slipped and almost went overboard, the boat rocked pretty good but never really came close to tipping or even swamping. I even took the boat out in Puget Sound salmon fishing a bunch of times this summer and fall and handled the waves pretty good considering its size. We were passed by a big tugboat a few times and had to deal with it large wake so I can honestly say it can take a 6 foot swell, you just might have to change your shorts afterward.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store