I'm thinking about it...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Yeah, the plan was always to go all male haps/peacocks, and I was gonna toss in some labs, and one Vic I really like. But my tank is ready now (zonatums moving out this weekend... possibly tomorrow night), and I want to get fish in it quickly, so I was hoping I could find a way to maximize my $100 to get as many of the Malawi males as I could, to get started!

-Rich

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
There was only two places I trusted to get Africans and that was our local club and Armke's. Now it is called Davesfish.com. You can use them as a reference for what you might want. His pictures are really representative of how the fish is. In fact, I swear the F0 Cop. borleyi kadango that I got is the actual one in the picture.

Looks like you have a good club with the CCA.

I don't know how far $100 is going to go these days. Seems like there is super inflation going on in the fishy world.

You will probably have to take your top two or three picks from a list and build it from there. Getting small or large it will probably work out the same price wise, but if you get small first and grow them out, you can at least sell off the females and spare males to get some money back. Since you will end up with harems, it would be good for someone looking to breed. Two haps that the females don't look a like and a peacock is what I would start with.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Hmm... cool suggestion. Thanks! I'll keep it in mind. I might be close to working something out with a club member... fingers crossed... I'll update!

-Rich

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Check out Matt's Fish in the classifieds. He has sexed peacocks and haps available for very reasonable prices. He also shipped a2a at my request.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Thanks, man! Will do. What I am getting from a club friend next weekend, all males:

Sc. Fryeri @5"
Aul. Maulana @~2"
Aul. Flametail @2 1/2"
3 Yellow lab's @2 3/4"

-Rich

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Okay... so all has gone well, and here is the plan so far...

Today, I pick up:

1 Red Empress
3 Yellow Labs

Next Saturday, I pick up:

1 Sc. Fryeri
1 Aul. Maulana
1 Aul. Flametail
3 more Yellow labs
1 or 2 Blue Dolphin Moorii

And then, on November 12, I add:

1 White Tail Acei

That's sort of the starting group, and I'm sure I'll add a few more here and there as I come across things. What do you all think?

-Rich

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Sounds good i wish you were close i could add some nice Trewavasae's to your collection..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store