Im Thinking of Going Back To Coldwater Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

couchy

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
yep im selling all my freshwater fish because i fancy a change and also cheaper for me so im ReCycling my 90LTR tank downstairs and for now all my freshwater fish are in the 30LTR tank until i have Solt Them.

have you got any ideas for me on What Coldwater Fish i could have and what goes together

i was thinking of having 2 Ghost KOI 2 Shubs and 1 goldfish (small sizes)

i dont know thoo

any ideas and personal favorets :)

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
..90ltr...thats 20 gallons correct?..that is barely big enough for a single fancy gold fish ,

Koi get FEET long and belong in a pond......I would go with 1 fancy gold fish...carp fish are messy messy fish and need epic filtration.

try some white cloud minnows and some danios they do great in cooler waters and are lovely little schooling fish!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
yea... thanks

um my tank is 70 x 40 x 35

here is my tank

http://www.aquael.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162&Itemid=308&lang=en
its econoline 70

iv had minnows and danios before, dont fancy them thanks tho
ok well no minnows than..but no koi they get way way to big..stick to some nice fancy goldies unless you have a pond for the koi once they are grow your tank, (witch would be quickly)

koi and goldfish pack a large bioload and more than the average filtration is needed for them along with large weekly water changes of 30% or more.

couchy

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
cool thanks, i was thinking about getting a ghost koi not chost carp what i do know with carp also they grow to the size of their enviroment (carp angler :) ) and i have kept ghost koi before and in 3 years i think they growed about 3 inches, and with the water changes i usualy do about 50% weekly anyway and schphon all their waste, i do have a good filter which came with my aquarium, i am still umming and arring i know i dont fancy them goldfish thats got bullheads, i do like black moors but it depends on how good condition they are, i am VERY picky when it comes to fish hehe like before when i used to get guppies from my LFS there would be about 80 guppies in 1 tank id make the staff pick the one guppy with that coulour tail with how many spots and how fat or long it is :) it normaly takes me at least and hour looking at just 1 spieces of fish then another hour trying to get the staff to get it :)

i like oriandas and i know i do love blue shubs

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
cool thanks, i was thinking about getting a ghost koi not chost carp what i do know with carp also they grow to the size of their enviroment (carp angler :) ) and i have kept ghost koi before and in 3 years i think they growed about 3 inches, and with the water changes i usualy do about 50% weekly anyway and schphon all their waste, i do have a good filter which came with my aquarium, i am still umming and arring i know i dont fancy them goldfish thats got bullheads, i do like black moors but it depends on how good condition they are, i am VERY picky when it comes to fish hehe like before when i used to get guppies from my LFS there would be about 80 guppies in 1 tank id make the staff pick the one guppy with that coulour tail with how many spots and how fat or long it is :) it normaly takes me at least and hour looking at just 1 spieces of fish then another hour trying to get the staff to get it :)

i like oriandas and i know i do love blue shubs
fist off its a myth that fish..any fish grow to the size of there environment..100% false ..you stunt them witch leads to major heath issues and early death...and koi and gold fish are carp.

good luck with your fish.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
fist off its a myth that fish..any fish grow to the size of there environment..100% false ..you stunt them witch leads to major heath issues and early death...and koi and gold fish are carp.

+1 no fish grows to its environment

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
That's a 25g tank, you're not going to be able to keep koi in there for an extended period of time. They WILL get stunted, and they WILL die. If you want a fish with personality, then I'd go with a single fancy in that tank. (Black moor would be a good choice) If you're looking for a nice looking coldwater set-up, then I'd go with some gobies (desert gobies would work great), a nice school of white clouds and a paradise fish as a centerpiece.

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa

+1
There are all kinds of studies out there showing how this is a myth.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
I think we all started with dreams of grossly overstocked tanks, with incompatible fish too. nobody is trying to hate on you or bring you down, but those fish will die if you go ahead with anything but 1 fancy...I personally wouldn't even do that. But if you must, then spend your money, do your best and learn the same way many of us did...by killing off your entire first batch of fish. I managed to save 4 out of 13 on my first go 'round. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store