Imagitarium 40 Gallon Modular Aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cagthree

AC Members
Sep 4, 2011
I found this tank on offer up and cannot find anything on an Imagitarium 40 gallon glass aquarium anywhere. Anyone know what the glass shelves are inside, at the top of the tank?IMG_4627.jpegIMG_4626.jpeg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
European bracing...

Cagthree

AC Members
Sep 4, 2011
Thank you! Could not for the life of me figure that out. Rear bracing seems more in the way than anything lol.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Petco is owned by Spectrum Brands. This is a conglomerate with a pet division. If I remember right, they also own Perfecto. They rebranded a lot of the products under the name Imaginatarium. I am not a fan of that brand and was never a fan of Perfecto tanks. About the only thing I buy from Petco are tanks when on sale (I loved the discontinued $1/gallon sales). Their price for lids is expensive, so I buy them elsewhere.

Most of my tanks are All-Glass now called Aqueon. I have a few tanks from Glasscages.com. They are OK tanks and their lids use their own system of hinges and back strip. I stopped buying from them when their ability to deliver fell apart. I had paid for tank and got a refund for failure to deliver. That was probably 8-10 years ago. I cannot comment on them today since I have not even visited their site in many years.

I bought 2 used 6 foot All-Glass tanks a number of years ago. I would not be surprised if they were originally sold decades ago as they have a non-removable raised plaque with the brand name on each of the tanks. I have never seen other tanks with these plaques.
IMG_2165.JPGIMG_2164.JPG

I like the stand for that 40 though. Bear in mind that my opinion is just that. Plenty of folks will say Perfecto tanks are fine. They were also marineland branded for a while as well on the journey to being Imaginatarium. My bias is just my opinion.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Looks like a well built setup. I like the looks of it. What is the footprint? Do you have a lid or canopy for it?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
That bracing is to minimize bowing on the long sides, and to support some type of lighting fixture, which is hidden by that upper trim assembly. How thick are the side panels?

Reactions: dudley

Cagthree

AC Members
Sep 4, 2011
Thanks! I feel like it was a good find. Pictures below should answer most questions. Came with a hood light/combo, but it’s in 3 pieces(rear, light bar, front). The rear bracing must be for some other type of light fixture since the one it has sits on the top edge with the hood. Also the trim and panels are all magnetic and are held very secure to the stand. IMG_4649.jpegIMG_4650.jpegIMG_4651.jpegIMG_4653.jpegIMG_4654.jpeg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
🤣🤣🤣 Something about the metric system ..

If you want to narrow it down, lighting voltage is 220-250V

Sure doesn't look like a primarily US company designed the aquarium.. I want to say Marina/Hagen would be my first guess.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store