Indian Biotope Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Here's the latest crappy pic of my algae farm. I just can't shake this hair/claudo/whatever it is algae that is growing amongst my moss. THe green spot algae and brown stuff is going down, but this other stuff....
*edit* I just realized how crappy those photos are.. um, I"ll try and get better ones at some point...*

aquarium front 110708.JPG aquarium right 110708.JPG

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Schizo, thanks. Other than the algae, I am liking the way the tank is filling in. This photo was taken right after I trimmed some of the rotala and wisteria, so that doesn't look quite as good. I think if I set this tank up again I will go for a more bare setup with hairgrass and a bit of Cryptocoryne retrospirals or more balansae with a bit of wendti. I think it would look a bit better with just the Dario dario and some Erythistes sp of cats.

David, thanks. I dose N,P,K, a bit of iron again, trace, and some excel while I try and knockout this algae.

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Your tank is coming along nicely! I really like the look. I think your DG is very happy. How are the new fish getting along? Do you have pics of them? If you dont mind me asking, why dont you like wisteria, I only ask because thats one of my favs. lol. Keep up the good work, seems like you are very attentive to your tank. How about some pics of your CO2 aswell, did you diy, or purchase? (sorry if you already discussed that).

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Thanks for the compliments. The bottom pic is of my male Dario dario from my paludarium. My camera can't accurately capture the blue sheen from his scales, but the males of this species are stunning fish.

Here are some new pics of my recent re-scape. I am definitely going to be getting either some Blyxa sp. or Eleocharis parvula for the mid-foreground. I also need to tie my moss to the wood, but I figured I would just kinda let it float for a bit and see how it looks.

I am getting a little irritated, I ordered another drop checker over 3 weeks ago, and it has yet to show up. I really want to get my CO2 balanced out and finish off this rediculous thread algae.

tankfront120508fish.jpg Ddario1200508.jpg

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Your tank looks great as always! That Dario looks so nice, I wish I can get some around here. Maybe I should special order one...

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
This is coming along really nicely!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store