INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

asukawashere

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Fairfield, CT
asukawashere.com
Real Name
Amanda Wenger
don't forget msjinkzd, mgamer2000 and the other vendors here. i know those 2 at least hook it up. can't vouch for the others.

unfortunately the classifieds is slow right now... but you should place a "WTB" add asking for easy, low light plants.
This is true; it's a slow time of year for selling plants. And the USPS has been doing a really awful job of delivering lately...I've been getting record DOAs because it's taking them 4-5 days to deliver priority mail packages, during which the 72-hr. heatpacks die and freeze the plants. I've pretty much just decided to avoid non-local sales for at least the next month and wait 'til the weather improves. I think a lot of casual plant sellers are doing the same... especially the ones that don't have heatpacks on hand.

All that said, I think the best way to get your hands on some plants might be to look into whether there's a local aquatic plant club wherever you live. Plant club people are typically very nice, generous, and enthusiastic types who're happy to provide inexpensive plants to new hobbyists.

LizSagara

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Yeah I'm just in the planning stages. I'll need to get the tank and substrate first then the filter and heater then the lights and then the plants then cycle then the fish. So It'll be about 3 months before I'm through with this project. Yeah the weather is terrible right now. THe airport shut down today so I REALLY hope my LFS didn't order anything... cuz it won't come in until friday which will mean that if the DFW airport is running they'll have a 48 hour layover there... which will surely kill anything they ordered. I haven't ordered anything from them since my Betta's and they had an 18 hour layover in Dallas.... They're okay though. The Apisto's I got though... were too stressed and died after 36 hours... 12 hours after the 24 hours i had to return them if they died.... UGH! 40 dollars down the drain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store