Injured Goldfish!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Nic,

Sorry 'bout the lag time...I went to bed at a decent hour for the first time in a while.

I think that it might be more traumatic to her to remove the shreds of stuff, which might get sloughed off with the slime coat when she gets a new one.

Plus, you could cause some wounds to get bigger if these shreds are well-connected to her scales!

~Matthew

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
First name terms already Matt? And with a lass from Hawaii...hmmm...

Sorry about all the jokes, I just cant help it. I just surely hope you have a sence of humour...or Im in ****...

B

BigFishDude

If I might chime in, but I had a simialr situation wiht a blue orando. One of the other fish took a chuck out of his "brain". I put in 2 teaspoons per gallon of kosher salt in a quarintien tank, and he healed up real nice and rather quickly.

Sorry, if I stepped on your toes Chil, but oh well ;) :p .

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You know what, BFD, stepping on my toes in this situation works fine for me...I'd rather that someone who's gone through this before would come out to speak!!! :)

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Well, actually, come to think of it, Ive had this kinda problem, well, sorta. One of my Goldfish once jumped out of its tank, and got trod on by my Mum. After amazingly surviving this ordeal, in it went to a quarenteen tank, with many scales missing, and I treated it with an anti-bacterial remedy. In acouple of weeks it was looking great! Never its former self again, but I was just over the moon that it was ok.

Hawaii_Fantails

AC Members
Apr 21, 2003
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
Wai'olu update...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have been using the Melafix for 3 days now and she (Wai'olu) looks really happy and her injuries seem to be healing fine. She still follows me along the glass of the tank so I think she forgives me... :)

As for my sense of humor... I didn't get the joke in the first place anyways so... yeah... LOL.

Aloha and talk to you all soon!

Hawaii_Fantails

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Does Wai'olu mean lucky fish?

As in lucky enough to have an owner who would go on AC to ask about her...

Seriously, what does Wai'olu mean? My curiosity has been piqued.

Hawaii_Fantails

AC Members
Apr 21, 2003
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
wai'olu <vai`oh`loo>

Wai'olu... I chose the name for its meaning...

WAI means water (fresh, not ocean)

'OLU means cool or gentle...

So WAI'OLU means "graceful water: because she has a flowing white tail as opposed to my "boring" but ever-so-friendly tankmate of hers, Buddy.

Any other translations? LOL.

Aloha,
Hawaii_Fantails

Hawaii_Fantails

AC Members
Apr 21, 2003
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
Mahalo! (Thanks!)

Aloha!

Thank you to all of you for your help with my poor fish's injury. With all of your kokua (help) and wonderful Melafix, she is almost 100% healed up. If you have not already seen her pic, you can see her and her tankmate Buddy at:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/hawaiianfirebird/hawaii_fantails.html

Aloha!
Hawaii_Fantails

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store