Injury questions OK here, too? Shubunkin with wing damage...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Pics
Not good pics, shooting thru plastic sucks...yet another reason I need a real tank in the house...NO, NO, BAD!!!!

Jen
I imagine that's just a matter of time now, Jen. lmao.

Indy looks wonderful. It's so nice to see pics now how well recovered she is.

Congrats!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
One or two last pics...

Teeny update on Indy-
I had planned to send her back outside last weekend but wanted to wait another week and see if there was any further change in her gill cover...
IMG_4893.JPG
And an "awww, cute fishy" pic, too. She is so used to my hands being all over in the tub, that she comes nibbling for a snack whenever she sees a finger. Good thing she's not a piranha!!!
IMG_4889-1.JPG
Thanks again everyone,
Jen

IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4889-1.JPG

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
what a sweety, its a shame that people put these guys in ponds where you can't really see and enjoy them,.. especially the shubs i have 3 in a container pond and really want them in my 90gal but it busy hosting a few odds and ends fish,..

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
She is a beauty, isn't she...

its a shame that people put these guys in ponds where you can't really see and enjoy them,.. especially the shubs i have 3 in a container pond .
I have to disagree there...I have a smallish (800 gallon) pond, water is crystal clear--at least at the moment--and I can see and enjoy her all the time. I am out there everyday, usually twice, counting noses, feeding and talking to them, and having had them in the house and outside, they are so much more lively and active outdoors. There is nothing better than watching the six of them do a slow cruise thru the lily pads, not a care in the world. My pond is above ground, a major advantage to being able to see them, as I don't have to lay on my belly in the flowerbed to get a good look. I can sit on my stool and rest my chin on the edge, which puts me just about nose-to-nose with my fishies.

I'm hoping some of the fry make it, and are shubunkinish, too!!

Jen

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I'm sorry I have somehow missed this thread for quite a while.

Jen... you've done a fabulous job. Great help and support from all here on this thread. Sharp diagnoistic skills, Flaringshutter. Great that you ID'd the problem with her gill cover and were able to help Jen get started right away on the treatment for that.

She looks just beautiful and I'm so glad she and Pearl have become such good friends, except at dinner time, lol.

In addition to your awesome nursing on Indy's behalf, I think Pearl really did help her get better. I know when I have been very sick, the comfort and company of a friend has made a world of difference.

Please share more pics of your sweet little Indy and her friends out there in their pond, when you can.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Indy's fin and gill cover are regrowing!!

Before...right after the sap attack
IMG_4868-1.JPG

Yesterday out in the pond. He had none of the black coloration along the edge of what was left of his gill cover right after his treatment. It is a little deformed at the edge, but I'll take it!! And his fin is now smooth along the leading edge instead of that big jagged edge. Everything from the black spot down is new:dance2:. Actually, I just noticed the black spots all over have gotten larger and darker.
IMG_5105-1.JPG

And for Melody, pics of Indy and friends out in the pond...notice who ended up with the pond stick :)
IMG_5092.JPG

Jen

IMG_4868-1.JPG IMG_5092.JPG IMG_5105-1.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store