Intake & Outflow DIY using sprinkler tubing & connectors

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
WOW thank you !! i have searched and I cant belive no one has done this , or atleast put a diy here on AC . I havent went out the forum yet thow ..

SO if I get the new smaller size it should fit inside the outtake, ok. so I just stick it in, and it will stay ? or should I use anything to make it stay ?

This is great ! I think the stainer part is fine, although when I do extend the outtake , I may want to extend the intake as well, I will have to see' . and for FREE" ~ Whoo hoo~ I am there !! lol I will go ask today ! I just left lowes last night with a really cool almost shag white rug .. totally out of subject but it was a 5x7 nice pile for 19.99 !!! Great buy ! The same rug at walmart would be atleast 100.00 ~ any hoo ~ SO lowes is right near me , I will try them today ! and if they dont have them I can drive across town to Home depot on tuesday . I am going out of town tom . I know ~~ TMI , I always tend to over type . LOL

Thank you and ANY more help with finding the end pc 's and the best way to hook them up PLease let me know ! like how should I make the out take ? what parts ? Should it fit just like yours does ? just fold the hose and stick it end the end pc after drilling swiss chesse holes .... I think I got it , but any xtra help .... THANK YOU !!!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
WOW thank you !! i have searched and I cant belive no one has done this , or atleast put a diy here on AC . I havent went out the forum yet thow ..

SO if I get the new smaller size it should fit inside the outtake, ok. so I just stick it in, and it will stay ? or should I use anything to make it stay ?

This is great ! I think the stainer part is fine, although when I do extend the outtake , I may want to extend the intake as well, I will have to see' . and for FREE" ~ Whoo hoo~ I am there !! lol I will go ask today ! I just left lowes last night with a really cool almost shag white rug .. totally out of subject but it was a 5x7 nice pile for 19.99 !!! Great buy ! The same rug at walmart would be atleast 100.00 ~ any hoo ~ SO lowes is right near me , I will try them today ! and if they dont have them I can drive across town to Home depot on tuesday . I am going out of town tom . I know ~~ TMI , I always tend to over type . LOL

Thank you and ANY more help with finding the end pc 's and the best way to hook them up PLease let me know ! like how should I make the out take ? what parts ? Should it fit just like yours does ? just fold the hose and stick it end the end pc after drilling swiss chesse holes .... I think I got it , but any xtra help .... THANK YOU !!!
WAIT! Just so you know while the intake strainer side is simple requiring no cutting of your Hot Mag intake tube, the out flow side will require a cut in the Hot Mag tube exactly in the center even spaced between the 1st bend coming out of the filter and the special coupling on the next bend. In other words a splice with the 1/2" sprinkler tubing in the middle pushed into each end of the split Hot Mag outflow tube. If you look you should be able to figure it out but if not I can photo shop you a pic.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Here it is inside the tank. Here I am using an my old Rio2100 suction cup mount to hold both in/out hoses in place until the Fluval mounts I have on order arrive. The hoses also did not come with the saddle that bends and holds the hoses over the tank rim and protects the hoses from collapse. For this I used aluminum tape to make my own saddle simply by wrapping the hose in the bent position with aluminum tape, and will not be ordering any Fluval saddles since the tape works so well. 1000 uses for aluminum tape and so much stronger/last longer then duct tape.

Oh you'll notice I cut off part of the T with a hacksaw blade to fit it on the mount. doesn't affect the bi-directional flow one bit and in fact makes it more manageable to fit. Next time Ill crop both sides. Oh one last thing found out this mode 404 was made in France and is a 2002 model. Everything worked great but because it has the early style cam quick release handles that pop up or down I decided to aluminum tape the handles shut between servicing so encase it gets bumped or falls over the jolt wont pop the handles off and find a disaster after a camping trip on this 7 year old 404..

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store