Irregular spelling of "pl*co"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Do you believe in the story behind the irregular spelling of "pl*co"?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 101 93.5%

• Total voters

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
and the life span for pl*cos are 10 years and longer.... My advice: dont spell pl*co!!!

Twilight

AC Members
Sep 9, 2002
Born in the USA
I typed out pleco once on this site and it changed to pl*co before my very own eyes. Even my comp knows this urban legend. Or was it the ghost of a moderator?

tetraodon

AC Members
Oct 13, 1998
MN
gcvt-good question. hmmm.... let me think who has a pleco...

Twilight- I like the idea of starting our own rumor. That'd be fun :D!

wetmanNY

AC Members
When I was in college,purely to gall the ugly United Fruit Company, (The expression "Banana Republic" used to have a negative connotation, children...) we decided to spread a rumor that if you dried the strings inside banana peels and smoked them, you'd get high. That would have been early December, 1965. We all talked it up over the Christmas holidays. It took about three months for the rumor to get back to me...

These things can be done...

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Originally posted by wetmanNY
When I was in college,purely to gall the ugly United Fruit Company, (The expression "Banana Republic" used to have a negative connotation, children...) we decided to spread a rumor that if you dried the strings inside banana peels and smoked them, you'd get high. That would have been early December, 1965. We all talked it up over the Christmas holidays. It took about three months for the rumor to get back to me...

These things can be done...
Ah, so that's where that rumor came from! :D

I never tried it. No, I swear!

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by AikidoGuy
ahhhh but how do you pronounce the word pleco?
Pronouncing "pleco" is not the problem. How they heck does one pronounce "pl*co"? Is it plstarco or plasterisko? :confused:

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
PLECO! Any plecos dead yet?
It would be useful if it was true like my pl*co grew too big,i spelled pleco and it is dead ready to be flushed.

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
I though people spelled it like that so when one did a search, it would not pick up the word just in a list,only threads about plecs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store