Is Aquari-Sol Clown Loach Safe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Do you know from personal experience whether it is safe to treat clown loaches with this specific med. It is basically Soluble copper salts.

If is is safe is that at the recommended dosage or should one use a reduced dose?

TY

Last edited:

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Although I have not touched Aquari-Sol since mid 80's, I've used it on 1" and larger CL and full dosage but found it to be very ineffective, imo, even at 86F.
If you are unsure of safe dosage, try half and increase as per your observations on fish behavioral changes (breathing/swimming, etc, etc).
Shake the bottle well before using.

Ever since I found Clout tabs by AQ Products, I yielded high success in Ich treatment, even at lower and steady temp (78F).
With CLOUT, Depending on types and sizes of fish, I sometimes dosed half the recommended amt to start treatment and increased as per needed based on my observations.
I even used full dosage on 1" to 1-1/2" CL w/o ill effects but found that the results also depended on water conditions provided at the time of treatments.
I find that water conditions to be one of important aspects of successful treatment.
Another word, when CL were treated at pH of 7.0 with full dosage, very few losses compared to when CL were treated at same/lesser dosage in a tanks they were well acclimated to extreme conditions such as pH of 6.0/7.8. At such occasions, massive losses were experienced sometimes.
I am not recommending anyone to use CLOUT at full dosage for CL if one never used it before. Use it at half dosage and observe. If no changes in breathing/swimming patterns, I would increase bit more, etc, etc. Make sure to dissove the tablet completely in small container (shake it) before dosing.

Keep in mind that pathogen's continued exposure to half dosage may render ineffectivess of med as they can become immune to med.

Hope this helped a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store