Is hot glue ok to use in an aquarium when bonding decorations or rocks together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Super Glue gel is often used by reef keepers to glue coral frags to rock. It works and works well...and is perfectly safe to use underwater as previously mentioned. The pro to using it is that it sets immediately and there is no cure time involved.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Just about anywhere that sells Super Glue. Where are you from?

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Thanks! I was hoping I helped in answering the question a little...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Wooooohhh! Great Cave! I'm from Colorado, and unfortunately, I may soon have to evacuate my home. I'm bringing my favorite fish with me, my cats, dog, chinchilla, etc. I actually just got into silicon for a different project I'm working on. Depending on how long I can stay, I will probably build a cave with it! Or the super glue gel, either would work.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Wooooohhh! Great Cave! You did help answer the question a little! I'm from Colorado, and unfortunately, I may soon have to evacuate my home. I'm bringing my favorite fish with me, my cats, dog, chinchilla, etc. I actually just got into silicon for a different project I'm working on. Depending on how long I can stay, I will probably build a cave with it! Or the super glue gel, either would work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store