Is it a reef yet?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cartman102

Respect my authoritaw!!
Mar 14, 2006
Branson, MO
nice! how big is the tank?

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Sweet! Looks great SF. I posted a while back and asked at what point does a tank stop being FOWLR with a few corals and become a reef, and the response I got was that once corals are in (and in your case a nem as well), you're well on your way and can call it a reef :)

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
Its slow going. 65 gallon needs better filtration and maybe I'll look into a remora pro for a skimmer and a hang on back refuge before I stock anything else. I find water quality issues are more apparent in the bigger tank than in the smaller 30g I had up before. I've got 2 clowns in there, a cinammon and a tomato that I had bought really tiny and did not know they were different species but they mated up anyhow. I have a wrasse that is under the rock scavanging in this photo. The anemone is holding its own but I'm really worried for the water and hope to get a better skimmer and a refuge up soon!

Cartman102

Respect my authoritaw!!
Mar 14, 2006
Branson, MO
What are the dimensions of your tank? Looks nice.

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
Its a standard 65 18 wide and 36 long 24 tall. Tall makes lighting more of an issue. I'm considering putting in a deep sand bed to build everything up higher with more rock. I shoulda done it from the start...sigh!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store