Is Peaches Pregnant?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Baiulus

AC Members
Mar 22, 2021
hey guys im a new member that just joined and its great to be here. as the title suggests im here to see if you guys could help determine if peaches is pregnant. my sister noticed an orangey gravid spot on her but that could just be her colour. ill attach a pic

162725343_542104800106925_870669001880080774_n.jpg

Baiulus

AC Members
Mar 22, 2021
thank you. ill definitely keep an eye of her. in the tank there is 2 males and 2 females

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Hi, Peaches is a beutiful name for a fish. I named my swordtail alpha female Bun, I believe I had her for almost 3 years. I named her that cuz i am so creative XD
I have been keeping livebearers like 3 or almost years, but never had any success breeding platies. From experience I would say she is not pregnant or she just recently gave birth but as Fishorama said, give her couple to few weeks. She certainly will give birth as ususally livebearers are mixed in stores with males x females and female livebearers can store sperm up to a year, sometimes more. And given if you have an active male in the tank, they sill breed. If it not happens, they still will breed at some point. It took me a lot of time and patience to breed my swordtails together.

I will ask you few routine questions as I am put off by how pink/red their gills are and how unusually thin the bottom guppie is compared to your guppys and platys.

for how long has the tank be set up for?
Actual numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
Size of the tank?
Number of fish?
Filter?
Is the tank cycled? For how long?

that is just me but i would go for a more natural look with some live plants, black (?) gravel or some sand and couple pieces of wood. Those are beauties! <3

given my Walstad tank, all natural (just ignore the filter lol)

image.jpg

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Welcome to AC!

I'm not a livebearer person but that could be the very earliest sign. Give her a few more weeks, then you should be able to tell...I see at least 1 male so...sooner or later she will be... :)
+1. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

WYite

• Sad
Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I made my statement already.
I'm still confused. Everything you said is right, and doesn't contradict anything fishorama said. She's right, too.

WYite

Baiulus

AC Members
Mar 22, 2021
the tank has been set up for almost 2 weeks now
20 gallon tank
9x guppies
1x guppy fry
2x molly
4x platy
not sure on the filter but its built in
i dont know how to cycle a tank