is this a ghost shrimp???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
Its defo a long-arm or long-claw depending on what you like to call them.... I had 3 and they are great fun.... They are very agile and like to skim along the tank walls....

Are they in a species tank or with mixed tropical and what size are your fish .... The can try to grab smaller fish... They rarely catch anything but be carefull...

This was one of mine... with each molt they get darker in colour but start of like ghost shrimp...

Pic 5.jpg

chazsgirl

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
Its defo a long-arm or long-claw depending on what you like to call them.... I had 3 and they are great fun.... They are very agile and like to skim along the tank walls....

Are they in a species tank or with mixed tropical and what size are your fish .... The can try to grab smaller fish... They rarely catch anything but be carefull...

it is in a 29g tank with 2 feeder guppies, I wanted it to be alone until I found out more about it. could I put the fancy guppies I wanted to put in there with it? I know I can't put it in with my shrimp/snails because when i purchased it she had been eating a ghost shrimp and that told me to be careful! I am excited I found a different shrimp! so in order to keep a fish with her it would have to be bigger than her right? she is 2 inches long from tail to eyes. Oh lol.. she likes to jump! while putting her in the bag and the tank she jumped and had to be picked up! could I put her with another one of the same sz like a male?

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
I had two females and 1 male and it was absolutely fine..... They seem to be happy together the occasional boxing match... The males are more loners and will wander forever skimming the tank.... They pick up all sorts of crap on the bottom... With guppies they might grab them by the tail on the way past...

Mine lived with large catfish and it was fun... They once tried to pick on an ID Shark and got short shift but no injuries were ever sustained...

I had them successfully living with Vampire shrimps but they are pretty big so no probs there.... Mine were around 3.5 inches long when I lost them due to a thermostat overheat...

Highly recommend them as tank mates but really best with slightly larger fish... Any fancies might not make the best tankmates.... Might be too tempted....

The love exploring rocks and caves and will climb the tank constantly.... Honestly are great fun to watch....

Eat any sort of food and love bloodworms...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store