Is this a pleco or a catfish?? [pic]

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Awesome! I could not find a good picture. I find planet catfish so hard to navigate. Perhaps we could find a picture of a bristlenose pleco for comparison :D

I've seen syno eruptus in person in many lfs and they are pretty dark with that nice zigzag pattern.

Winterymix

AC Members
Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for the quick replies. Once I was able to get a good look at him in my tank, I suspected I did not have a pleco. Ah well, I guess these still go well with my mbuna's (I keep the lesser aggressive species). Was really wanting a nice pleco to help with algea on glass though.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
he looks awful long and thin for a negriventis.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
It's a juvie eupterus, looks just like mine did when I bought it. That was a couple months ago, the bugger has tripled in size now and looks a lot more like an adult.

dudey34

Registered Member
Jan 22, 2009
same thing happaned to me about a year ago. Asked for a pleco and didnt really look at the bag until I got home.

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
oops, this is why i always check the bag properly as soon as im out in daylight, i know it can stress the fish but id rather that for 2 seconds than get home only to have to take it straight back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store