Is this even plausible?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dan06

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
I don't know how well they would thrive?

I went to the NE Aquarium with the Jelly Fish display and they said they live 6 months to a year and would be really pricey to keep in a home aquarium.

That would be a neat little setup to have on a desk somewhere, but the size of the tank just looks wrong...

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Wow. That kind of looks like $300 down the drain. I'm not seeing a high survival rate here, but what do I know. Don't jellies requires specific current modulation to make sure that they don't get stuck to the sides of tanks and such?

Last edited:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Wow. That kind of looks like $300 down the drain. I'm not seeing a high survival rate here, but what do I know. Don't jellies requires specific current modulation to make sure that they don't get stuck to the sides of tanks and such?
Thats sorted out by having no sides, a round tank ( no corners )...

Personaly, i disagree with keep keeping jellys in anything less than a large round aquarium...I just dont see it as healthy to keep them in such a small aquarium..

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Their webpages says that the jelly fish only live about 6 months. Would be very cool to have jelly fish, but not like that... check out their other tanks on their webpage. pretty fancy.

Aug 24, 2006
It's actually pretty big, I thought it was only a little 2.5 gallon tank or something. Might be neat for a bit, but the novelty would wear out quick. Not a bad concept. Be curious if they're tank raising these critters.

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
Looks like a biOrb with a heater to me...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store