Is this normal Corydoras Panda behavior?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
I still don't think there is anything wrong with that fish that a little time settling in & gaining familiarity with it's new surroundings will not resolve the odd behavior eventually.
If another week or two doesn't do the trick, then the speculation may well continue. LOL

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Great News, Guys!:D

The bipolar Panda Corydoras I think has finally settled in my tank. He/she is still active but nit hanging out or acting strange in the corner anymore. Yay!

But if course I will keep a eye on things.

Thank you guys so much for all your help. I would be lost otherwise.

Patricia

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
It is nice to hear good news. :cheers:

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
It is nice to hear good news. :cheers:
Thanks! Here is a picture of my active panda cory:
uploadfromtaptalk1401320957416.jpg
Panda Cories are so cute!:)
Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1401320957416.jpg

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Super!!! It could be that adding another would have helped, but I'm glad to hear you didn't have to add fish to fix a problem :thumbsup:

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Real Name
Byron
Super!!! It could be that adding another would have helped, but I'm glad to hear you didn't have to add fish to fix a problem :thumbsup:
This panda is not alone, he has three others; it was just this one behaving differently...just so you know.:)

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
Its very clearly one Panda Cory following its reflection. Lots of fish do this. I've seen cories do it a million times. Not unusual at all. As long as your tank water parameters are normal, well filtered and oxygenated, then there is nothing wrong with this fish. Each individual is a little different. Some do this more than others but eventually most give up on it and chill out. My Pictus cats were doing it the other night. Also, if this Cory is new to the tank then I'd say its very normal. New fish seem to do this more as they get acclimated to their new homes.

Btw... if that were two fish then they'd have uncanny timing following each other perfectly. One fish, following its reflection. I wouldn't worry.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Byron-I meant to make it five and have an odd number :)

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Real Name
Byron
Byron-I meant to make it five and have an odd number :)
Yes, that would be good...but that was tried too. Patricia acquired six in fact, and sadly two died. This was in another thread, not this one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store