It happened so fast... I'm changing to cichlids!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
I think it's admirable to take in unwanted fish and give them homes.
A shame you cannot get a larger tank. Oh well all you can do is try right?.

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
Yes, I understand she is not picking the fish and that they are unknown to her. I was just commenting on an above post where he suggested she look at those cookie cutter setups for a Tang tank stocking. Just saying that they shouldn't necessarily be followed exactly. ;) Especially by someone who is new to cichlids.......... They will work as a guide. And no I am not trying to start an arguement......just stating my opinion!

I have already given ILOVEBETTAS my advice on this situation. :rolleyes:

ILOVEBETTAS I am glad you aren't going to get these mystery fish. If you are really interested in setting up a Tanganyikan tank and choosing fish that will work in your tank, I suggest starting a new thread for ideas. :)

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
yea im sick of people saying "i love fish","fish are my life" and that person isnt a purist. its rediculus to buy a fish like a product from wal-mart "well heck if it doesnt work i will just take it back" fish are living creatures that feel not an inanament object. if you cant provide adiqite housing for the fish at its adult age dont get it at all bottom line and ppl who breed fish for profit dont get me started i might only be 14 but i try to be a aquariust purist i dont spawn for profit or buy fish like a random product i do it becouse the beauty these marvals of nature hold they each are differnt and shouldnt be thougt of as a object

DISCIPLE

AC Members
Mar 14, 2007
That would be funny if they were cons. :rofl:

I wouldnt do it. You keep mentioning you will try it and if it goes wrong, then it goes wrong. Does this mean you are going to kill the fish. Also, it is cruel to keep fish in smaller tanks then they are supposed to be. They will most likely end up killing eachother.
LOL UH OH I SEE A MICHEAL VICK/ PETA POSSE GETTING READY:lol::devil::silly::dance:

audrey

Audrey
Apr 3, 2006
Shallowater, Texas
Unfortunately it is true that there is always one agressive bully in a tank of cichlids. I was given a bunch as little tiny babies which grew up and i did thin them out by taking them to my lfs. They are grown now and one in particular is rather nasty at times and has killed a couple of the larger ones. I can tell when there has been a big fight one dead fish and then bubba fish with fins torn and places in his side. There are only 7 left at this point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store