It has begun... The Battle of the Vivariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Puffer, join the fun! Thanks again for the compliments guys. If any of you have any ideas that you think may improve my setup(it is far from perfect), please let me know! That is really what this "battle" is to me. Not so much a chance to be #1 as it is to see a bunch of new tanks and see what other people are doing.

As a lil update, I have changed my light pattern and it seems to be performing well. A friend had suggested that I run the lights on a 6hrs on, 1hr off, 6hrs on pattern for my daylight cycle to help finish off the algae in my tank. It appears to be working as my algae in the water(which was decreasing before) is now falling off at a more rapid rate. In addition, the nasty black stuff I have been battling on the ground is losing out to my Java moss. Since I have been playing with the tank I have had a small spike in mold in locations which were previously dry, but I am expecting that to clear up in a week or two.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
I love the tank! I badly want a vivarium. I can't set up a living one for my white's because his habitat is made for easy transportation, though I think his looks nice, lol.

Pacific Tree frogs, for one, would love that habitat.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
great minds think alike schizo, lol. I am actually thinking of keeping my credit at my buddies store and going out and catching a pair of Pacific Tree frogs...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store