Jack Dempsey Tank Mates.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquacutlure

THE FURRY BEAST
Jun 13, 2009
REDDING, CA
The tank a 100 gallon.
The JD will be a Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.
So I think this tank mate list would be good.

1 Black Ghost Knife
1 Royal Pleco
1 Rhino Pleco

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
What species of royal are you wanting to get? Keep in mind that some get huge so choose wisely. Also Rhino's can be territorial with other pleco's. Driftwood is a must for Panaque and Pterygoplichthys benefit greatly from driftwood. Black Ghost Knife Fish get huge between 16-20" and the JD will prob top off at 10" which is fine for your tank. The only issue I see maybe the Knife fish due to its eventual size. Im sure others will chime in bout your future fish stock. Thats just my 2 cents.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Electric Blues from what I heard and read are way more docile then there regular counterparts so I dont think that would be a good match up. Green Terrors are nice though. I would stick with the pleco's. But then again I love pleco's

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Cant do that with Electrics though since there weaker genes make them grow alot slower. That why Electrics have to be removed from the spawn since they grow slower are more docile.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
The tank a 100 gallon.
The JD will be a Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.
So I think this tank mate list would be good.

1 Black Ghost Knife
1 Royal Pleco
1 Rhino Pleco
Everything sounds good to me. Like others have said the BGK will get big just be ready to re house it once it gets to big. Keep the pleco they will be fine and everything sounds great try to get a nice EBJDA from a reputable breeder. A lot of LFS EBJD are weak to much inbreeding. :nono: any way good luck and just post any questions you have!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Everything sounds good to me. Like others have said the BGK will get big just be ready to re house it once it gets to big. Keep the pleco they will be fine and everything sounds great try to get a nice EBJDA from a reputable breeder. A lot of LFS EBJD are weak to much inbreeding. :nono: any way good luck and just post any questions you have!
isn't it a conflict of interest when you saw to go to a good breeder and your a breeder?

anyways, why not some pictus catfish, they are awesome bottom dwellers and will fight off any possible attacks by the JD.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store